Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Right, so. Blogging.

Greetings, Nerds of the Internet!

I've noticed a few things as of late.

1. Suddenly people in Norway are becoming very interested in beer, and more specifically about beer that doesn't suck.
2. Because (I presume) of Norwegian law, the Vinmonopol gives no real information about the different beers they offer. I plan to do a non-scientific study, analyzing exactly how many of their (currently) 206 beers they describe as possessing "dyp gyllenbrun farge" and "god fylde". Boring!
3. Internet forums like beeradvocate.com and ratebeer.com both kind of suck, and are full of reviews from people who don't really know what they're talking about, but know that they like anything that has Cascade hops in it.
4. I know something, but certainly not everything, about beer.

Thus I have taken it upon myself to try and review the entire Vinmonopol selection, in an entirely subjective and unfair way. Which is to say, I'll give the most honest, no-bullshit reviews I can, and I promise to never say simply that it has "good body/god fylde".

I will also be using this blog to discuss my bad habit of brewing delicious beers at home together with my ladyfriend, as well as some more personal things, including the artwork I produce and boring things about my life. But fear not-- I neither own a cat or a baby, nor do I plan on blogging about how "intuitive" they are.

Also, I chose to write mostly in English, so that non-Scandinavians can also read what I write, not least of all my aforementioned ladyfriend. But there might be some Norwegian or Spanish or whatever iblant. Polyglots unite! Or at least feel smugly superior to monoglots!

I am planning on having a beer tasting here in Oslo in a week or two, so probably the first reviews will come then. Until then, blog on, dorks. Blog on.

love,
Joseph

1 comment: